Book Publishing | Reader Insights | Data & Analytics
Book industry leader specializing in publishing and marketing strategy, product innovation, consumer insights, and business intelligence. 15+ years experience in publishing, market research, and data analytics, with a focus better understanding and connecting with readers and using data to inform, inspire, and guide business decisions.
Tools & Platforms
INGRAM CONTENT GROUP
Support and lead consumer-oriented marketing, analytics, technology, and development efforts across the company. Focused on understanding consumer behaviors and trends and building innovative advertising and marketing solutions to reach readers and grow book sales at scale.
November 2020 – Present
- Key projects include Ingram Marketing Advantage, Reader Insights, Marketing Insights, and the Ingram iD Advertising portal.
- Define and develop consumer audience research, segmentation, and activation strategies.
- Manage Marketing Advantage team with a focus on scaling and ensuring successful execution, sales growth, and client satisfaction across campaigns.
Marketing & Ecommerce Solutions
October 2017 – October 2020
- Managed product strategy and lifecycle for consumer marketing, analytics, and ecommerce products, including Marketing Insights and Aerio.
- Collaborated closely with development, sales, marketing, client relations, and product teams to launch, enhance, streamline, and grow key products and services.
- Built business cases and pricing models, developed functional specs and requirements, and integrated internal and 3rd-party data sources and APIs.
- Supported B2B sales and marketing efforts through client education, webinars, and content development.
Founding team member of consumer analytics startup, helping to develop SaaS platform and proprietary algorithm from ideation to launch.
Director of Product Marketing
October 2016 – October 2017
- Developed a deep understanding of the consumer marketing data and signals that best predict success at online retailers like Amazon.com and how to help publishers and authors use that data to improve book sales via meaningful KPIs, analytics, and recommended actions.
- Partnered with developers, data scientists, and UI/UX designers to build and launch product MVP
- Led customer growth and engagement efforts, including content and email marketing as well as user adoption, training, and retention
Acquired by Ingram Content Group in 2017
Founding partner at boutique marketing agency focused on audience-centric marketing and brand strategy, with special expertise in the book industry.
Director of Operations
April 2014 – October 2016
- Provided data, market research, analysis, and actionable insights to inform and guide a wide variety of marketing, sales, publicity, advertising, product development, organizational change and training efforts.
- Conducted webinars, developed reports, and managed social media and newsletter content with an emphasis on sharing the latest marketing data, news, trends, and best practices.
- Managed freelance staff and client deliverables.
- Client list included trade and academic publishers of all sizes, authors, agents, and domestic and global media brands.
IDEA LOGICAL COMPANY
Strategic consulting for the book industry, including publishers, publishing start-ups, booksellers, authors, agents, and others with a special interest in the challenges and business opportunities presented by digital change.
January 2010 – October 2016
- Managed all day-to-day operations and worked closely with clients and partners across projects.
- Conducted extensive research and interviews on a wide range of publishing topics, including: reading habits of tablet and smartphone users, ebook royalties, rights management systems, consumer vertical development, library sales growth, and more.
Conference Program Director
January 2010 – October 2016
- Developed conference programs to address the urgent needs and business concerns of trade book publishing professionals around the world.
- Managed all conference programming and planning efforts, including: scouting and recruiting speakers; liaising with supporting partners and sponsors; supporting event marketing and messaging; and working closely with the Conference Chair, speakers, and moderators to plan engaging, educational, and actionable sessions.
- Events included the annual two-day Digital Book World Conference (2011-2016), one-day conferences and workshops in New York, London, and San Francisco, and co-located conferences at BookExpo America, Frankfurt Book Fair, and Digital Book World.